This report is based on findings obtained from field research conducted by SEP Investment Services in Sierra Leone from May to July 2020 . Desk-top research was also conducted to supplement the findings of the field visits in order to address the overall objectives of the report. Interviews took place in various locations within the agreed parameters of the survey which included Freetown and Rokel Village. The purpose of the market research was to do the following:
- To have a detailed picture of purchasing patterns, production and sales of members of the United Tailor Development Association (UTDA).
- To know the drivers behind tailors’ purchasing decisions regarding materials for production
- To know their income and expenditure patterns
- To understand the competitive environment, the major players and leading brands
- To determine market opportunities
- To gauge brand awareness and knowledge on the corona virus and its impact on the tailoring industry.
While the report provides a useful basis for examining the above mentioned, further rigorous research that builds on this report may provide more insights.